All That Glitters template

Friday, July 26, 2013

Portrait Size Ideas For Your Gallery


Here is a great visual on what different size prints will look like on a wall.  The phrase, "Go big or go home." fits well here!  Depending on the size of your wall, the layout of your furniture, etc... Are you looking for one massive photo shrine of your loved ones or perhaps a wall of numerous 11x14's?  This can be so fun...& daunting.  I know I have a wall coming down our steps where when I can finally decide on which image of my children I want to put a HUGE hanging of them.  I know each morning when I head downstairs it will instantly put a massive smile on my face even if I have woken with a migraine.  How I will hang it there is the scary part.  I'm guessing I have to put a ladder on the steps??  Eeek!!  haha!!
I also have another room of my home where I have 1 large wall where I will have 3 rows of 8x10's.  1 long row of my son & another long row for each daughter.  At any rate I hope that this example above gives you an idea what it might look like if you print too small of an image to put on a large wall.  If you think you want an 8x10, measure it out so you can see...ooh, that may be too small?  You can also click on the image above to see it larger & see the image size numbers better too.  Hope this was another helpful blog.  Have a great weekend!!