All That Glitters template

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Teardrops


Most of you know that after nearly 7 weeks since we learned my dad had "c" that I lost my daddy today. I am soo sincerely thankful from the bottom of my heart for your thoughts & prayers during this unbelievable time. {{Hugs!}} This is the last pic I had taken of him the 1st Sat in June at my Godbaby's 2nd birthday party. I hate that it's a pic of him smoking since that's ultimately what took him from us, but I always thought he looked the coolest like James Dean. He was truly a tough guy even till the very end. These lyrics are from our Father/Daughter dance at my wedding. He was a big John Mellencamp fan which is why I picked it & because it was slow enough & because I knew when I dimmed the lights in my room that last night of living at home I would miss not being able to kiss him goodnight each evening.
Teardrops will fall tonight
Tears I can't hide
Tears that I'd rather keep
deep down inside
Tears fall
A love is gone
Beyond these walls
And when I dim the lights in my room tonight
Teardrops will fall