All That Glitters template

Friday, March 15, 2013

Editorial Blog Spot #5

 This one comes from a male perspective & from one of my most unique & special family sessions.  Might want to grab a kleenex for this one.  Thank you Jeff!!  {{Hugs}}

There is a saying that we all know, "A picture is worth a thousand words." & it can't be truer than when I look at pictures of my 2 precious dogs that are now in Heaven.  In 2005, my wife Christine & I rescued two sisters, both Jack Russell Terriers, from being euthenized at a local animal shelter.  They were said to be about 7-9 years old when we brought them home.  The story could go on about who actually rescued who, but I'll keep it brief.   In mid-2011 both girls had major health issues & we knew we were facing the inevitable.  I called Dawn at Star Portraits who we've known personally for many years & explained the situation.  Dawn knew our girls & was very happy to help.  Normally when you go to any type of photos you need to dress up & go sit in a waiting room...not with Dawn.  She made accomodations to meet us at an off site location so we could capture some lifelong memories.  Even though the girls had 16 year old bodies, they had the spirits of puppies & I can still see them walking around with Dawn's children as we got ready for the next shots.  Within a couple weeks of the girls big photo shoot ( they thought they were runway divas from that point on ) our package arrived!  The photos were & still are awesome!!  Our Christmas card photo of Sammy & Toby still hangs on several of our friends refrigerators because it was so darn cute!  I can't thank you enough Dawn & I know my girls had a great time!       ~ Jeff & Christine Studniarz