All That Glitters template

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Refresh! ~ Under Construction

With getting ready to freshen up Star Portraits I thought I would also give everyone some fun Q & A's on myself here & there till all my new info is ready. Here we go! A little interview from me, about me, to you. wink emoticon 
What was your journey to become a photographer? 
Like most everyone I always had a love of it. I received my 1st camera - A Kodak Disc camera for Christmas from a family member when I was 10 years old. Years later I had so much fun taking pictures while my husbands ( then boyfriend ) band performed live; that for our 1st Christmas he got me my 1st pro camera gear. A Nikon N65, with lens, flash & filters. And that was still back in the days of film. Not long after that a friend asked me to take pictures of her baby. A neighbor asked me to be the photographer for her sons wedding. Still...the bell in my brain never went off. Lol! It wasn't till after my 1st child was born that I used a work bonus to buy my 1st pro digi which at the time was a Nikon D50. It's still my fave. I love the weight of it. The way it fits perfectly in my hands. My Lily's last portraits by other photogs was when she was a year old. After that I did them & still never gave a thought about being a photographer till her 18m pics when Walgreens wouldn't let me pick up my prints because they needed a photo release from the photographer...me. I was SO happy. That Summer I also won 1st place in the People category at the Concord Community Days Photography Contest. But it wasn't something I could pursue till baby #2& I was forced to stay home to raise our children. In 2009 my hobby received a name, a slogan & a tax id by the state of Ohio. I'm Dawn Holt. The owner & photographer of Star Portraits. It's your turn to shine!